30990 South Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Phone: 248-668-0166 | Fax: 248-669-0613
Baseball at Wixom
Total Baseball offers programs in every area of baseball! We offer Lessons, Classes, Camps, Leagues, Tournaments, Facility Rentals, Auto Cages and more…
Total Baseball offers an incredible opportunity for any baseball athlete wishing to make a commitment toward improving his/her skills.
Total Baseball is unique in our ability to offer programs year round at any of 6 different locations. Our instructors and staff take every step possible to provide a setting where baseball is enjoyed and skills are improved. Total Baseball has first class facilities, equipment and technology with a qualified and dedicated staff.
Our professional staff can help young athletes just beginning to play baseball, as well as the aspiring high school athlete looking to improve and develop their skills for the next level. With year-round classes, camps, training and private lessons, Total Baseball provides a tremendous asset to many programs and individuals looking for a competitive advantage.
Total Baseball Office Hours
Monday-Friday: 9 am – 9 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9 am – 9 pm
Total Baseball Staff / Contact Us
⦁ Greg Haeger, Total Baseball Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 668-0166 x 217
⦁ Jeremy Gooding, Tournament Director & Total Baseball Supervisor, email@example.com or (248) 668-0166 x 216
⦁ Eric Steplitus, Travel Baseball Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 668-0166 x 216
⦁ Celina Gutierrez, Office Manager, email@example.com or (248) 668-0166
⦁ Abbey Adams, Assistant Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 668-0166 x 222
- General Information? If you have questions about Classes, Lessons, Camps, Batting Cages, or anything else, please contact any Total Baseball Staff at (248) 668-0166 or email@example.com
- Facility Rentals? If you are interested in renting space at one of the Total Sports Facilities for Indoor/Outdoor Baseball Training, please contact Celina Gutierrez.
- Tournaments / Leagues? If you have questions about Tournaments and Leagues, please contact Jeremy Gooding.
- Total Baseball Travel Program? If you have questions about the Total Baseball Travel Program, please contact Eric Steplitus.
Baseball Lessons are for athletes seeking personalized training for the specific skills they want to develop and enhance. Lessons can be tailored for all facets of baseball. Total Baseball’s Staff of Professional Instructors teach fundamentals all the way through professional level skills during Baseball Lessons. Click here to see our Instructor’s Bios and Photos. Our instructors are all current or former Professional, Collegiate & High School, or Travel Baseball Coaches and Players. Most have played professionally in the United States or overseas. More importantly, they all share in the belief that an exceptional work ethic and positive attitude, coupled with the highest level of professional instruction facilitate self confidence in each player’s on-field and off-field abilities.
All players will receive regimented, step by step instruction to improve their skill sets whether they are new to the game or have been playing for years.
*For a limited time, Charlie Haeger, former MLB player and current pitching coach is available for personal lessons. Availability: February 15-26 and April 2-8.*
Rates (1-2 players):
- $50/half hour
- Lesson Package $225/(5) half hour lessons
Group Rates (3-5 players):
- $65/half hour
To schedule Baseball Lessons or for more information, call Total Baseball at (248) 668-0166. Click here for a printable version of our Lesson Flyer with Instructor Information.
- Are There Refunds Or Credits For Lessons? Total Baseball has a NO REFUND policy for Lessons. A credit may be issued for future lessons, camps, classes or leagues. There is a 24 hour notice for any cancellation of lessons. Charges will be issued for NO SHOWS. Please call if you cannot make a scheduled lesson.
- How Do Lesson Packages Work? Lessons that are purchased through a Lesson Package do not all have to be scheduled at the time of purchase. Lessons can be scheduled as needed per customer’s requests. Packages expire 1 year after purchase date.
- What Are Team Lesson Rates? Please call Greg Haeger or Jeremy Gooding to discuss Team Training Sessions: (248) 668-0166.
- Can Lessons Be Discounted? Lessons cannot be discounted. The Lesson Package already includes a discounted rate.
Below is the Tournament Schedule. To view complete tournament information click the link below:
Click for a printable schedule of Total Baseball’s Tournaments: Tournament Quick List 2018
Click Tournament Titles for a printable flyer:
April 21st- April 22nd: Beat the Heat (9u-13u)
May 5th- May 6th: Backyard MAYhem (9u-12u)
May 12th- May 13th: Mother’s Day Tradition (9u-12u)
May 18th- May 20th: Diamond War (9u-12u)
June 1st- June 3rd: Underclassman Classic (13u-15u)
June 8th- June 10th: King of the Backyard (9u-12u)
June 22nd- June 24th: Clash at the Tracks (13u-15u)
June 22nd- June 24th: House B’A’LL Invitational (9u-12u)
June 28th- July 1st: Stars and Stripes Showdown (16-18u)
July 12th- July 15th: Battleground Series (13u-15u)
July 19th- July 22nd: Madonna Invitational (16-18u)**Registration full. Wait List available.
July 27th- July 29th: Backyard Standoff (16u-18u)
Total Baseball presents the Classes below – Click on the Class Title to see a detailed flyer:
- LITTLE HITTERS: This introductory baseball class is great for children who want to learn the FUNdamentals of baseball. Drills include: tee-hitting, catching and throwing mechanics.
- LITTLE SLUGGERS: This baseball class builds on the fundamentals of baseball and is great for children who want to develop into a better player. Experienced instructors work with players on learning the proper techniques of baseball throwing, hitting, fielding and more.
- VELOCITY IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (V.I.P.): This baseball class will train players to throw harder guaranteed! A weighted ball program along with lower half and core strengthening exercises will increase velocity. Learn what it takes to improve your radar gun readings while strengthening your shoulder.
- SWINGING WITH ATHLETIC TRAINING (S.W.A.T.): This intense hitting class is designed to get players power in their baseball swing with more reps and drills. This detail oriented class will go over proper swing path, extending through the ball, use of the back side and developing more power.
- CATCHERS CLUB: This baseball class focuses on all aspects of catching. Players do drills in catching mechanics, calling the game, blocking, pop-time and more.
- TB FIELDING CLUB: TBFC is an on-going defensive training system designed for every level player from beginner all the way to Division 1 college prospects. The goal is to master the fundamentals and skills at certain levels and move to the next level. Players will learn and improve setup, footwork, arm motion, glove work, transition, arm strength, overall techniques and baseball IQ.
- FUNDAMENTALS OF PITCHING: This fundamental pitching class introduces the most basic pitching concepts. Players learn how to pitch effectively by learning smooth delivery, working out of the stretch, holding runners and more!
- LONG TOSS PROGRAM: This baseball program focuses on improving arm strength and endurance while players also work on throwing mechanics.
- INTRODUCTION TO UMPIRING: This class introduces individuals to the fundamentals of baseball umpiring. Whether you’re new or first year into umpiring, this class will provide the tools to get started and work your way to the next level. This class provides instruction on plate stance mechanics, developing a strike zone, base mechanics and communication.
- INTERMEDIATE UMPIRING CLASS: This class is designed for individuals who have two or more years of umpiring experience wanting to sharpen and improve skills to move to the next level. This class covers: plate, stances/mechanics, communication, procedures, field, positioning/communication, strike zone, and more.
- Are There Any Classes Scheduled Besides The Sessions Listed In The Flyers Above? All Classes continue through March/April. Click here for Total Baseball’s Calendar of Events.
- What Should I Wear To Class? Total Baseball suggests players wear athletic apparel or what they would wear to baseball or softball practice. Make sure players wear sneakers or turf shoes instead of cleats.
- What Equipment Do I Need To Bring? All players must have their own glove (mitt). Total Baseball encourages players to bring whatever other personal equipment they have i.e. bat, helmet, etc. TB has bats and helmets that can be used during class if needed. Gloves (mitts), bats and other baseball equipment can be purchased through Total Sports Shop.
- Can Fees Be Prorated? Class fees can be prorated as long as there are enough players to run a full class – at least 4 players/class.
- SPRING BREAK BASEBALL CAMP: APRIL 2-5, 9 AM-1 PM
This action packed 4 day camp will cover all aspects of baseball. Base running, fielding, throwing, pitching, defensive plays, hitting, mechanics, and more…
Summer Camps start the week of June 18. All Camps will feature the following:
–Hitting, fielding & base running drills
-Instructor led scrimmages
-Daily competitions and awards such as: Home Run Showdown King, Silver Spikes Champion & The Golden Arm
-Indoor & outdoor facilities (Newly turfed outdoor fields!)
-Great for all skill levels
-Wiffle Ball Wednesdays
-Slip and Slide Thursdays
- SUMMER KICKOFF BASEBALL CAMP: JUNE 18-21, 9 AM-2 PM
- TRAIN AND PLAY BASEBALL CAMP: JUNE 25-28, 9 AM-2 PM
- ALL AMERICAN BASEBALL CAMP: JULY 9-12, 9 AM-2 PM
- GAME PLAYER DEVELOPMENT CAMP: JULY 16-19, 9 AM-2 PM
- POWER BASEBALL CAMP: JULY 23-26, 9 AM-2 PM
- BUILDING BETTER BALLPLAYERS CAMP: JULY 30-AUGUST 2, 9 AM-2 PM
- PITCH, HIT AND PLAY BASEBALL CAMP: AUGUST 6-8, 9 AM-12 PM
- SUMMER WALK-OFF BASEBALL CAMP: AUGUST 13-15, 9 AM-12 PM
- What Should I Wear To Camp? Total Baseball suggests players wear athletic apparel or what they would wear to baseball or softball practice. Make sure players wear sneakers or turf shoes instead of cleats for indoor camps. Players can bring cleats for outdoor camps.
- What Equipment Do I Need To Bring? All players must have their own glove (mitt). Total Baseball encourages players to bring whatever other personal equipment they have i.e. bat, helmet, etc. TB has bats and helmets that can be used during camp if needed. Gloves (mitts), bats and other baseball equipment can be purchased through Total Sports Shop.
- Should I Bring Water? Players are encouraged to bring their own water jug/bottle for camp.
- Is Lunch Available During Camps? Camps that are longer than 3 hours have lunch time. Players can bring their own lunch or purchase one from the Total Sports Cafe for a small daily fee.
- Is After-Care Available? Total Sports does not provide After-Care services for any camp. Parents can register their players for additional programs within Total Sports-Wixom to accommodate transportation needs. i.e. Baseball Lessons or other Classes/Camps.
- Are There Any Camps Scheduled Besides The Camps Listed In The Flyers Above? The Complete Camp Schedule can be found by Clicking here.
Total Baseball offers an array of indoor and outdoor Baseball Leagues for different ages and seasons. Click on the League Title to see a detailed flyer:
- T-BALL INSTRUCTIONAL LEAGUE – Total Baseball will have an indoor T-Ball League on Sundays in April (8, 15, 22, 29). Players will participate in games where they learn to hit the ball, how to run the bases and where to throw the ball. Players will learn sportsmanship and how to be a team player. Teams will consist of 3-5 players. Games will be scoreless. Every player will bat each inning. Total Baseball staff will direct games and provide instruction.
- WINTER INDOOR BASEBALL LEAGUE – January 7-March 4, 2018: Teams and Individuals playing in the Total Baseball Winter Indoor League will play 8 games within the Total Sports Complex in Wixom. Teams will have the opportunity to prepare for the upcoming season. Individuals who register for the Total Baseball House Team will receive playing time and be able to try new positions. 9/10u and 11/12u Divisions offered. Umpires and balls included in fee.
For rules click on: Winter League Rules. 10u Schedule. 12u Schedule.
- PITCH & HIT LEAGUE – January and February, 2018: This league is designed for pitchers and hitters. Live cage/tunnel games with an umpire deciding hits and outs. Team and Individual registrations available. Teams consist of 4 man teams.
- FALL BASEBALL LEAGUE – August-October, 2018: Established in 1999, Total Baseball’s Fall Baseball League hosts Michigan teams and players in quality, competitive and friendly environment. TB’s Fall Baseball offers players and coaches the opportunity to:
– play more games
– experience new positions and players
– play on collegiate and quality fields, including: Madonna University, Catholic Central, Total Sports Complex – Wixom (new turf fields in ’18 and other centrally located ball diamonds. We accept individual players and team registrations.
Week 4-10u (bi-week)
Automated Batting Cages are available at Total Baseball – Total Sports Complex Wixom. Machines have both Baseball and Softball settings with different speeds and adjustable heights.
Batting Cage Tokens
$5 for 3 Tokens
$10 for 6 Tokens
$20 for 12 Tokens
*Each Token gives 20 pitches*
Batting Cage Hours
Monday-Friday 9 am-9 pm
Saturday-Sunday 9 am-5 pm
*Batting cage hours may vary due to activities in the facility. Please call Total Sports Wixom (248)-669-9817 before coming out to ensure availability of Batting Cages.
- Do I Need To Reserve A Batting Cage? Batting Cages are available on a First Come First Serve basis. There are 2 Batting Cages that have both Baseball & Softball settings and 1 Batting Cage that has Baseball settings only.
- Do I Need To Bring My Own Bat & Helmet? There are bats and helmets available in the Batting Cage Area for public use; however, Total Baseball recommends that you bring your own equipment if you have it.
- How Do I Pay For Tokens? A Token Machine is available that accepts $5, $10 and $20 bills. Tokens can also be purchased with a credit card, check or cash in the Total Baseball Office.
- Are There Automated Batting Cages At Any Other Total Sports Facility? Total Sports Complex in Wixom is currently the only Total Sports Facility with Automated Batting Cages.
Total Baseball has 7 Tunnels that can be used for Lessons and Training. Each fully turfed Tunnel is 12’Hx12’Wx70’L. Tunnels have L-Screens and Batting Tees. Tunnel availability depends on Lessons, Classes and Rentals. Call (248) 668-0166 to check availability and to schedule rentals.
Total Baseball has multiple fields and tunnels available for rent at many of our Facilities. To inquire about availability and rates, contact Celina Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 668-0166.