30990 South Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Baseball at Wixom
Total Baseball offers programs in every area of baseball! We offer Lessons, Classes, Camps, Leagues, Tournaments, Facility Rentals, Auto Cages and more…
Total Baseball offers an incredible opportunity for any baseball athlete wishing to make a commitment toward improving his/her skills.
Total Baseball is unique in our ability to offer programs year round at any of 6 different locations. Our instructors and staff take every step possible to provide a setting where baseball is enjoyed and skills are improved. Total Baseball has first class facilities, equipment and technology with a qualified and dedicated staff.
Our professional staff can help young athletes just beginning to play baseball, as well as the aspiring high school athlete looking to improve and develop their skills for the next level. With year-round classes, camps, training and private lessons, Total Baseball provides a tremendous asset to many programs and individuals looking for a competitive advantage.
Total Baseball Summer Hours
Monday-Sunday: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
THE AUTO BATTING CAGES ARE UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Total Baseball Staff / Contact Us (248) 668-0166
- Celina Gutierrez, Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Haeger, Total Baseball Travel Director, email@example.com
- Justin Latin, Total Baseball Tournament Director & Travel Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rick Wing, Total Baseball Supervisor, email@example.com
- Jeremy Gooding, Total Baseball Supervisor/Total Sports Shop, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lessons? If you have questions about Lessons and Instructors, please call Total Baseball at (248) 668-0166.
- Program Specific Information? If you have questions about Classes, Camps or Leagues, please call Rick Wing at (248) 668-0166.
- Facility Rentals? If you are interested in renting space at one of the Total Sports Facilities for Indoor/Outdoor Baseball Training, please contact Celina Gutierrez.
- Tournaments? If you have questions about Tournaments, please contact Justin Latin.
- Total Baseball Travel Program? If you have questions about the Total Baseball Travel Program, please contact Greg Haeger.
- Total Sports Shop? If you have questions about Team Uniforms/Equipment/Spirit Wear/Bats, please contact Jeremy Gooding.
Total Baseball offers an array of indoor and outdoor Baseball Leagues for different ages and seasons. Click on the League Title to see a detailed flyer:
- FALL BASEBALL LEAGUE 2020 – September 11-October 11 2020: Established in 1999, Total Baseball’s Fall Baseball League hosts Michigan teams and players in quality, competitive and friendly environment. TB’s Fall Baseball offers players and coaches the opportunity to:
– play more games
– experience new positions and players
– play on turfed and lit outdoor fields at Total Sports Complex – Wixom
We accept individual players and team registrations.
- 6 MAN – MAJOR & MINOR INDOOR BASEBALL LEAGUE (6U-8U) – Total Baseball will have a 6 Man League Fall and Winter 2020-2021 (dates to be determined). Teams of 6-7 players will play fast paced games. Instructors or pitchers will pitch 3 balls to the batter. If the batter is unable to hit any of the pitches, he will get 2 chances to hit off the tee. Once the ball is put in play, fielders will have to make plays to get the outs. Players will have opportunities to try different positions each inning. There will be a combined Major and Minor League.
- 2021 WINTER INDOOR BASEBALL LEAGUE – January 3-March 7, 2021: Teams and Individuals playing in the Total Baseball Winter Indoor League will play 8 games within the Total Sports Complex in Wixom. Teams will have the opportunity to prepare for the upcoming season. Individuals who register for the Total Baseball House Team will receive playing time and be able to try new positions. 9U/10U and 11U/12U Divisions offered. Umpire & Balls included in fee. *Limited spots available with 1 House Team.
Total Baseball camps offer our campers a fast paced, fun filled time, developing their skills with our professional instructors. While at Total Baseball camp, campers will be instructed on all aspects of the great game of Baseball. This includes proper warm-up, throwing, fielding, base-running, pitching, hitting, and an instructor led scrimmage game to end each day. Daily competitions with prizes awarded.
Total Baseball Camps for 2020 (click camp title for a printable flyer):
- PITCH, HIT, & PLAY CAMP: Monday-Wednesday ∙ August 3-5, 2020 ∙ 9 am-12 pm ∙ $82.50/person.
- SUMMER WALK-OFF CAMP: Monday-Wednesday ∙ August 10-12, 2020 ∙ 9 am-12 pm ∙ $82.50/person.
- What Should I Wear To Camp? Total Baseball suggests players wear athletic apparel or what they would wear to baseball or softball practice. Make sure players wear sneakers or turf shoes instead of cleats for indoor camps. Players can bring cleats for outdoor camps. No metal cleats are allowed on any field.
- What Equipment Do I Need To Bring? All players must have their own glove (mitt). Total Baseball encourages players to bring whatever other personal equipment they have i.e. bat, helmet, etc. TB has bats and helmets that can be used during camp if needed. Total Baseball’s equipment will be properly sanitized at the beginning and end of camp days. Gloves (mitts), bats and other baseball equipment can be purchased through Total Sports Shop.
- Should I Bring Water? Players must bring their own water jug/bottle for camp.
- Is Lunch Available During Camps? Camps that are longer than 3 hours have lunch time. Players can bring their own lunch or purchase one from the Total Sports Cafe for a small daily fee.
- Is After-Care Available? Total Baseball does not provide After-Care services for any camp. Parents can register their players for additional programs within Total Sports-Wixom to accommodate needs. i.e. Baseball Lessons.
Now taking field rental requests for the 2020-2021 season!.
Total Baseball has 9 Tunnels. All Tunnels are fully turfed with an L-Screen. Most Tunnels are 12’Hx12’Wx70’L. Some are 12’Hx12’Wx40’L. Tunnel availability depends on Lessons, Classes and Rentals. Renters must bring their own equipment i.e. balls, tees, bats, etc. Call (248) 668-0166 to check availability and to schedule rentals.
*Add $20 for use of Total Baseball’s pitching machine and baseballs.
40′ Tunnel Rates (located by the Auto Cages)
Drop In – Tunnels
Monday-Friday only, 9:00 am-4:30 pm if tunnels are available $10/person or $15/family
Total Baseball has multiple fields and tunnels available for rent at many of our Facilities. To inquire about availability and rates, contact Celina Gutierrez at email@example.com or (248) 668-0166.
The Backyard Rentals
Outdoor fully turfed diamonds with lights.
Baseball Lessons are for athletes seeking personalized training for the specific skills they want to develop and enhance. Lessons can be tailored for all facets of baseball. Total Baseball’s Staff of Professional Instructors teach fundamentals all the way through professional level skills during Baseball Lessons. Our instructors are all current or former Professional, Collegiate & High School, or Travel Baseball Coaches and Players. Most have played professionally in the United States or overseas. More importantly, they all share in the belief that an exceptional work ethic and positive attitude, coupled with the highest level of professional instruction facilitate self confidence in each player’s on-field and off-field abilities.
All players will receive regimented, step by step instruction to improve their skill sets whether they are new to the game or have been playing for years.
Current Instructor Availability:
- Greg Haeger
- Rick Wing
- Todd Kalmbach
- Terry Frikken: Mondays
- Anthony Lim
- Aaron Rumberger
Rates (1-2 players):
- $50/half hour
- Lesson Package $225/(5) half hour lessons
To schedule Baseball Lessons or for more information, call Total Baseball at (248) 668-0166.
PRINTABLE LESSON FLYER
Group Rates (3-5 players):
- $65/half hour
- Are There Refunds Or Credits For Lessons? Total Baseball has a NO REFUND policy for Lessons. A credit may be issued for future lessons, camps, classes or leagues.
- No Show or Cancelled Lesson Policy? There is a 24 hour notice rule for any cancellation of lessons. Total Baseball reserves the right to charge for NO SHOWS or lessons cancelled prior to 24 hour notice. Please call if you cannot make a scheduled lesson.
- How Do Lesson Packages Work? Lessons that are purchased through a Lesson Package do not all have to be scheduled at the time of purchase. Lessons can be scheduled as needed per customer’s requests. Packages expire 1 year after purchase date.
- What Are Team Lesson Rates? Please call Total Baseball to discuss Team Training Sessions: (248) 668-0166.
- Can Lessons Be Discounted? Single Lessons cannot be discounted. The Lesson Package already includes a discounted rate. Lesson Packages must be paid for in full to receive the discounted rate.
Total Baseball presents the Fall 2019/Winter 2020 Classes below – Click on the Class Titles to see printable flyers with session dates & more:
- LITTLE HITTERS: (Ages 3-5 yrs) This introductory baseball class is great for children who want to learn the FUNdamentals of baseball. Drills include: tee-hitting, catching and throwing mechanics.
- LITTLE SLUGGERS: (Ages 6-9 yrs) This baseball class builds on the fundamentals of baseball and is great for children who want to develop into a better player. Experienced instructors work with players on learning the proper techniques of baseball throwing, hitting, fielding and more.
- T-BALL INSTRUCTIONAL CLASS: (Ages 3-6 yrs) Total Baseball has an indoor T-Ball Instructional Class where players will participate in games where they learn to hit the ball, how to run the bases and where to throw the ball. Players will learn sportsmanship and how to be a team player. Teams will consist of 4-6 players. Games will be scoreless. Every player will bat each inning. Total Baseball staff will direct games and provide instruction.
- CATCHERS CLUB: (Ages 8-14 yrs) This baseball class focuses on all aspects of catching. Players do drills in catching mechanics, calling the game, blocking, pop-time and more.
- .ADVANCED HIGH SCHOOL PITCHING CLASS W/ GREG HAEGER: (Ages High School) This class is designed for High School Pitchers who are looking to get prepared for the upcoming High School season. A challenging program to help them develop baseball mechanics and baseball mentality.
- ADVANCED HIGH SCHOOL HITTING CLASS W/GREG HAEGER: (Ages High School)
This is a small group high intensity, high reps hitting development program. Rapsodo technology is used to measure offensive metrix. Classes are run by Coach Greg Haeger.
- RAPSODO – HITZONE CLASS: (Ages 9u-13u) This hitting class will use Rapsodo technology to track progress. New drills each class, players will develop swing and hitting mentality.
- SWINGING WITH ATHLETIC TRAINING (S.W.A.T.): (Ages 9-15 yrs) This intense hitting class is designed to get players power in their baseball swing with more reps and drills. This detail oriented class will go over proper swing path, extending through the ball, use of the back side and developing more power.
- FUNDAMENTALS OF FIELDING: (Ages 9-14 yrs) This class is a fundamental defensive training system designed for every level players. The goal is to master the fundamentals and skills at certain levels and move to the next level. Players will learn and improve setup, footwork, arm motion, glove work, transition, arm strength, overall techniques and baseball IQ.
- FUNDAMENTALS OF PITCHING: (Ages 7-13 yrs) This fundamental pitching class introduces the most basic pitching concepts. Players learn how to pitch effectively by learning smooth delivery, working out of the stretch, holding runners and more!
- What Should I Wear To Class? Total Baseball suggests players wear athletic apparel or what they would wear to baseball or softball practice. Make sure players wear sneakers or turf shoes instead of cleats.
- What Equipment Do I Need To Bring? All players must have their own glove (mitt). Total Baseball encourages players to bring whatever other personal equipment they have i.e. bat, helmet, etc. TB has bats and helmets that can be used during class if needed. Gloves (mitts), bats and other baseball equipment can be purchased through Total Sports Shop.
- Can Fees Be Prorated? Class fees can be prorated as long as there are enough players to run a full class – at least 4 players/class.
Automated Batting Cages are available at Total Baseball – Total Sports Complex Wixom. Machines have both Baseball and Softball settings with different speeds and adjustable heights.
Auto Batting Cage Tokens
$5 for 3 Tokens
$10 for 6 Tokens
$20 for 12 Tokens
$2 for 1 Token
*Each Token gives 20 pitches*
Baseball: 40 mph, 50 mph, 60 mph, or 70 mph
Softball: slow pitch, 40 mph, 50 mph, or 60 mph
Auto Batting Cage Hours
THE AUTO CAGES ARE NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO THE COVID RESTRICTIONS MANDATED BY THE GOVERNOR.
- Do I Need To Reserve an Auto Batting Cage? Auto Batting Cages are available on a First Come First Serve basis. There are 2 Auto Batting Cages that have both Baseball & Softball settings.
- Do I Need To Bring My Own Bat & Helmet? There are bats and helmets available in the Batting Cage Area for public use; however, Total Baseball recommends that you bring your own equipment if you have it.
- How Do I Pay For Tokens? A Token Machine is available that accepts $5, $10 and $20 bills. Tokens can also be purchased with a credit card, check or cash in the Total Baseball Office.
- Are There Automated Batting Cages At Any Other Total Sports Facility? Total Sports Complex in Wixom is currently the only Total Sports Facility with Automated Batting Cages.
BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL DIAMONDS NOW AVAILABLE TO RENT FOR 2020 SPRING AND SUMMER AT THE BACKYARD. CALL/EMAIL CELINA AT (248) 668-0166 OR CELINA@TOTALSPORTSCOMPLEX.COM
- No metal cleats allowed on fields
- No seeds or gum allowed on fields
- No pets allowed past the entry gate
- Concessions on site
- Handicap assistance available if needed (248) 669-9817
THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE TEAMS THAT PLAYED IN TOTAL BASEBALL’S 2020 SUMMER TOURNAMENTS!