30990 South Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Baseball at Wixom
Total Baseball offers programs in every area of baseball! We offer Lessons, Classes, Camps, Leagues, Tournaments, Facility Rentals, Auto Cages and more…
Total Baseball offers an incredible opportunity for any baseball athlete wishing to make a commitment toward improving his/her skills.
Total Baseball is unique in our ability to offer programs year round at any of 6 different locations. Our instructors and staff take every step possible to provide a setting where baseball is enjoyed and skills are improved. Total Baseball has first class facilities, equipment and technology with a qualified and dedicated staff.
Our professional staff can help young athletes just beginning to play baseball, as well as the aspiring high school athlete looking to improve and develop their skills for the next level. With year-round classes, camps, training and private lessons, Total Baseball provides a tremendous asset to many programs and individuals looking for a competitive advantage.
Total Baseball Spring Hours
Monday-Friday: 10:00 am-9:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Sunday: By appointment only
Total Baseball Staff / Contact Us (248) 668-0166
- Celina Gutierrez, Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Justin Latin, Total Baseball Tournament Director & Travel Administrator, email@example.com
- Rick Wing, Total Baseball Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lessons? If you have questions about Lessons and Instructors, please call Total Baseball at (248) 668-0166.
- Program Specific Information? If you have questions about Classes, Camps or Leagues, please call Rick Wing at (248) 668-0166.
- Facility Rentals? If you are interested in renting space at one of the Total Sports Facilities for Indoor/Outdoor Baseball Training, please contact Celina Gutierrez.
- Tournaments? If you have questions about Tournaments, please contact Justin Latin.
- Total Baseball Travel Program? If you have questions about the Total Baseball Travel Program, please contact Justin Latin or Rick Wing.
- Total Sports Shop? If you have questions about Team Uniforms/Equipment/Spirit Wear/Bats, please contact Sean at email@example.com .
Baseball Lessons are for athletes seeking personalized training for the specific skills they want to develop and enhance. Lessons can be tailored for all facets of baseball. Total Baseball’s Staff of Professional Instructors teach fundamentals all the way through professional level skills during Baseball Lessons. Our instructors are all current or former Professional, Collegiate & High School, or Travel Baseball Coaches and Players. Most have played professionally in the United States or overseas. More importantly, they all share in the belief that an exceptional work ethic and positive attitude, coupled with the highest level of professional instruction facilitate self confidence in each player’s on-field and off-field abilities.
All players will receive regimented, step by step instruction to improve their skill sets whether they are new to the game or have been playing for years.
Current Instructor Availability:
- Greg Haeger (Mondays-Fridays)
- Rick Wing (Saturdays-Thursdays)
- Paul Dreslinski (Tuesdays-Thursdays, some weekends)
- Todd Kalmbach (Saturdays)
- Terry Frikken (Tuesdays)
- Aaron Rumberger (varies)
Rates (1-2 players):
- $50/half hour
- Lesson Package $240/(5) half hour lessons
To schedule Baseball Lessons or for more information, call Total Baseball at (248) 668-0166.
PRINTABLE LESSON FLYER
Group Rates (3-5 players):
- $65/half hour
- Are There Refunds Or Credits For Lessons? Total Baseball has a NO REFUND policy for Lessons. A credit may be issued for future lessons, camps, classes or leagues.
- No Show or Cancelled Lesson Policy? There is a 24 hour notice rule for any cancellation of lessons. Total Baseball reserves the right to charge for NO SHOWS or lessons cancelled prior to 24 hour notice. Please call if you cannot make a scheduled lesson.
- How Do Lesson Packages Work? Lessons that are purchased through a Lesson Package do not all have to be scheduled at the time of purchase. Lessons can be scheduled as needed per customer’s requests. Packages expire 1 year after purchase date.
- What Are Team Lesson Rates? Please call Total Baseball to discuss Team Training Sessions: (248) 668-0166.
- Can Lessons Be Discounted? Single Lessons cannot be discounted. The Lesson Package already includes a discounted rate. Lesson Packages must be paid for in full to receive the discounted rate.
Total Baseball presents the Winter 2021 Classes below:
Click on Class Title for a detailed flyer
- LITTLE HITTERS: (Ages 3-5 yrs) This introductory baseball class is great for children who want to learn the FUNdamentals of baseball. Drills include: tee-hitting, catching and throwing mechanics.
- LITTLE SLUGGERS: (Ages 6-9 yrs) This baseball class builds on the fundamentals of baseball and is great for children who want to develop into a better player. Experienced instructors work with players on learning the proper techniques of baseball throwing, hitting, fielding and more.
- T-BALL INSTRUCTIONAL CLASS: (Ages 3-6 yrs) Total Baseball has an indoor T-Ball Instructional Class where players will participate in games where they learn to hit the ball, how to run the bases and where to throw the ball. Players will learn sportsmanship and how to be a team player. Teams will consist of 4-6 players. Games will be scoreless. Every player will bat each inning. Total Baseball staff will direct games and provide instruction.
- CATCHERS CLUB: (Ages 8-14 yrs) This baseball class focuses on all aspects of catching. Players do drills in catching mechanics, calling the game, blocking, pop-time and more.
- SWINGING WITH ATHLETIC TRAINING (S.W.A.T.): (Ages 9-16 yrs) This intense hitting class is designed to get players power in their baseball swing with more reps and drills. This detail oriented class will go over proper swing path, extending through the ball, use of the back side and developing more power.
- VIP CLASS (VELOCITY IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM): (Ages 9-14 yrs) This program is designed to cover the building, strengthening, and overall arm and body care of the baseball player. Radar gun readings and age specific workout plans/drills for players.
- FUNDAMENTALS OF FIELDING: (Ages 9-12 yrs) This class is a fundamental defensive training system designed for every level players. The goal is to master the fundamentals and skills at certain levels and move to the next level. Players will learn and improve setup, footwork, arm motion, glove work, transition, arm strength, overall techniques and baseball IQ.
- FUNDAMENTALS OF PITCHING: (Ages 7-13 yrs) This fundamental pitching class introduces the most basic pitching concepts. Players learn how to pitch effectively by learning smooth delivery, working out of the stretch, holding runners and more!
Call: (248) 668-0166 or
- What Should I Wear To Class? Total Baseball suggests players wear athletic apparel or what they would wear to baseball or softball practice. Make sure players wear sneakers or turf shoes instead of cleats.
- What Equipment Do I Need To Bring? All players must have their own glove (mitt). Total Baseball encourages players to bring whatever other personal equipment they have i.e. bat, helmet, etc. TB has bats and helmets that can be used during class if needed. Gloves (mitts), bats and other baseball equipment can be purchased through Total Sports Shop.
- Can Fees Be Prorated? Class fees can be prorated as long as there are enough players to run a full class.
Total Baseball camps offer our campers a fast paced, fun filled time, developing their skills with our professional instructors. While at Total Baseball camp, campers will be instructed on all aspects of the great game of Baseball. This includes proper warm-up, throwing, fielding, base-running, pitching, hitting, and an instructor led scrimmage game to end each day. Daily competitions with prizes awarded.
Total Baseball Camps for Summer 2021:
- SPRING BREAK BASEBALL CAMP – March 29-April 1, 2021 ∙ 9:00 am-12:00 pm ∙ Ages: 6-13 yrs old ∙ $160/player, $20 sibling discount
- SCHOOL’S OUT FOR SUMMER BASEBALL CAMP – June 14-16, 2021 (Monday-Wednesday) ∙ 9:00 am-12:00 pm ∙ Ages: 6-13 yrs old ∙ $120/player, $20 sibling discount
- SUMMER KICK-OFF BASEBALL CAMP – June 21-24, 2021 (Monday-Thursday) ∙ 9:00 am-12:00 pm ∙ Ages: 6-13 yrs old ∙ $160/player, $20 sibling discount
- PRACTICE AND PLAY BASEBALL CAMP – June 28-30, 2021 (Monday-Wednesday) ∙ 9:00 am-12:00 pm ∙ Ages: 6-13 yrs old ∙ $120/player, $20 sibling discount
- ALL AMERICAN BASEBALL CAMP – July 5-8, 2021 (Monday-Thursday) ∙ 9:00 am-12:00 pm ∙ Ages: 6-13 yrs old ∙ $160/player, $20 sibling discount
- GRAND SLAM BASEBALL CAMP – July 12-14, 2021 (Monday-Wednesday) ∙ 9:00 am-12:00 pm ∙ Ages: 6-13 yrs old ∙ $120/player, $20 sibling discount
- COMPLETE HITTING BASEBALL CAMP – July 19-22, 2021 (Monday-Thursday) ∙ 9:00 am-12:00 pm ∙ Ages: 6-13 yrs old ∙ $160/player, $20 sibling discount
- BUILDING BETTER BALLPLAYERS BASEBALL CAMP – July 26-28, 2021 (Monday-Wednesday) ∙ 9:00 am-12:00 pm ∙ Ages: 6-13 yrs old ∙ $120/player, $20 sibling discount
- PITCH, HIT & PLAY BASEBALL CAMP – August 2-4, 2021 (Monday-Wednesday) ∙ 9:00 am-12:00 pm ∙ Ages: 6-13 yrs old ∙ $120/player, $20 sibling discount
- SUMMER WALK-OFF BASEBALL CAMP – August 9-11, 2021 (Monday-Wednesday) ∙ 9:00 am-12:00 pm ∙ Ages: 6-13 yrs old ∙ $120/player, $20 sibling discount
- What Should I Wear To Camp? Total Baseball suggests players wear athletic apparel or what they would wear to baseball or softball practice. Make sure players wear sneakers or turf shoes instead of cleats for indoor camps. Players can bring cleats for outdoor camps. No metal cleats are allowed on any field.
- What Equipment Do I Need To Bring? All players must have their own glove (mitt). Total Baseball encourages players to bring whatever other personal equipment they have i.e. bat, helmet, etc.
- Should I Bring Water? Players must bring their own water jug/bottle for camp.
- Is Lunch Available During Camps? Not at this time.
- Is After-Care Available? Total Baseball does not provide After-Care services for any camp. Parents can register their players for additional programs within Total Sports-Wixom to accommodate needs. i.e. Baseball Lessons.
Total Baseball offers an array of indoor and outdoor Baseball Leagues for different ages and seasons. Click Title for a Flyer:
- 6 MAN – MAJOR & MINOR INDOOR BASEBALL LEAGUE (Ages 6-9 yrs) – Total Baseball will have the next session of 6 Man Indoor Baseball League in March 2021. Teams of 6-8 players will play fast paced games. Instructors or pitchers will pitch 3 balls to the batter. If the batter is unable to hit any of the pitches, he will get 2 chances to hit off the tee. Once the ball is put in play, fielders will have to make plays to get the outs. Players will have opportunities to try different positions each inning. Accepting Individual registrations now!
- FALL BASEBALL LEAGUE (9U-18U) September -October 2021: Established in 1999, Total Baseball’s Fall Baseball League hosts Michigan teams and players in quality, competitive and friendly environment. TB’s Fall Baseball offers players and coaches the opportunity to:
– play more games
– experience new positions and players
– play on turfed and lit outdoor fields at Total Sports Complex – Wixom, 30990 S. Wixom Rd., Wixom MI 48393
We accept individual players and team registrations.
Automated Batting Cages are available at Total Baseball – Total Sports Complex Wixom. Machines have both Baseball and Softball settings with different speeds and adjustable heights.
Auto Batting Cage Tokens
$5 for 3 Tokens
$10 for 6 Tokens
$20 for 12 Tokens
$2 for 1 Token
*Each Token gives 20 pitches*
Baseball: 40 mph, 50 mph, 60 mph, or 70 mph
Softball: slow pitch, 40 mph, 50 mph, or 60 mph
Auto Batting Cage Hours
The Auto Cages are available as long as the facility is open. Please call 248-669-6754 or 248-668-0166 for hours.
- Do I Need To Reserve an Auto Batting Cage? Auto Batting Cages are available on a First Come First Serve basis. There are 2 Auto Batting Cages that have both Baseball & Softball settings.
- Do I Need To Bring My Own Bat & Helmet? Yes.
- How Do I Pay For Tokens? A Token Machine is available that accepts $5, $10 and $20 bills. Tokens can also be purchased with a credit card, check or cash in the Total Baseball Office.
- Are There Automated Batting Cages At Any Other Total Sports Facility? Total Sports Complex in Wixom is currently the only Total Sports Facility with Automated Batting Cages.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:
Now taking field rental requests for the 2020-2021 season!.
Total Baseball has 9 Tunnels. All Tunnels are fully turfed with an L-Screen. Most Tunnels are 12’Hx12’Wx70’L. Some are 12’Hx12’Wx40’L. Tunnel availability depends on Lessons, Classes and Rentals. Renters must bring their own equipment i.e. balls, tees, bats, etc. Call (248) 668-0166 to check availability and to schedule rentals.
*Add $20 for use of Total Baseball’s pitching machine and baseballs.
40′ Tunnel Rates (located by the Auto Cages)
Drop In – Tunnels
Monday-Friday only, 9:00 am-4:30 pm if tunnels are available $10/person or $15/family
Total Baseball has multiple fields and tunnels available for rent at many of our Facilities. To inquire about availability and rates, contact Celina Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 668-0166.
The Backyard Rentals
Outdoor fully turfed diamonds with lights.
BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL DIAMONDS NOW AVAILABLE TO RENT FOR FALL 2020 SPRING & SUMMER 2021 AT THE BACKYARD. CALL/EMAIL CELINA AT (248) 668-0166 OR CELINA@TOTALSPORTSCOMPLEX.COM
- No metal cleats allowed on fields
- No seeds or gum allowed on fields
- No pets allowed past the entry gate
- Concessions on site
- Handicap assistance available if needed (248) 669-9817